Here's a snapshot .jpeg of all the cool events on The Homeschool Gossip's calendars this week!
This is just a quick picture of the calendar; the calendars are where all the details are!
It's always good to call ahead to verify events. Also, keep checking The Homeschool Gossip posts and calendars for events being posted throughout the week as more activities are added!
• Various Events at Charlotte Mecklenburg Libraries – multiple locations (see event on calendar for details)
• Indoor Climbing ~ Mooresville
• Roller Skating
• Ice Skating
• Rat Dissection
• Free Lego Mini Build
• Trampolining – various locations
• Christmas and
• Scottish Country Dancing http://charlottescottishcountrydancesociety.blogspot.com/
• Nutcracker Performances
• Best Christmas Pageant Ever Performances
• New Comic Book Day
• MTG TCG Youth Tournament & Guild
• Pokemon League & casual play various locations! If you go to Parker Banner Kent & Wayne - Comics & Games in Cornelius on Wednesday nights don't forget to get your coupon!! http://thehomeschoolgossip.blogspot.com/p/pbkw-pokemon-leag…
Special Event on Sunday
• Christmas In Cornelius (Local Artisan Market) Sunday Dec. 11th 12 PM- 6PM https://www.facebook.com/events/1817454145166447/ Come see fellow homeschoolers Gabbi's Stuffed Menagerie, Art-in-Motion & Billy's Budz
• 1st Friday of the Month: Teen Game Day at The Homeschool Room Huntersville
• 1st & 3rd Friday of the Month: Stargazing Lucille Miller Observatory or http://www.catawbasky.org/lmopublicnight.asp
• 1st & 3rd Thurs: Cabarrus Homeschool Gamers Club Meeting 1:00PM@ Play it Again Games,
• 2nd Monday of the Month: Teen Booktalk at The Homeschool Room Huntersville http://thehomeschoolroom.net/The_Homeschool_Room/Welcome.html
• 2nd Friday of the Month: Roller Skating at Frye's Skate Rink
• 3rd Tuesday of the Month: Chess Players Club at The Homeschool Room Huntersville
• 3rd Friday of the Month: Teen Climbing Meetup at Cliff Hangers Climbing & Fitness Gym
• 3rd Friday of the Month: Bowling & Billiards at George Pappas' Victory Lanes
• 4th Friday of the Month: Teen Sketch Club at The Homeschool Room Huntersville http://thehomeschoolroom.net/The_Homeschool_Room/Welcome.html
SAVE THE DATES!
• National Geography Bee ~ Jan. 7, 2017 For questions or to register, please contact Tiffany Broome at email@example.com mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-226-1866
The Homeschool Gossip Calendars for details of the above events:
Nerf Battle Extravaganza Details:
Organizers & Hosts: Pat & Erik (age 15) Robinson of Explore & Discover
OPEN TO ALL HOMESCHOOLERS ~ ALL AGES!
A Grand NERF Battle
WHEN: Tuesday, December 13, 1pm-3pm
WHO: All ages welcome. There will be a bunch of teens!
WHAT: Each participant could maybe also donate 10-20 darts to the NERF Battle (not required, but would be appreciated). That way "lost darts" are not so distressful. Mark your darts for identification purposes and ease of recovery. :).
There are some NERF bows and arrows too; All NERF weapons welcome.
Recommended: Eye protection for safety, not mandatory, but sunglasses or pool goggles will do.
RED and/or BLUE T-SHIRT – For team identification purposes.
FAQ: My son was curious how they will handle bullets?
Pat Robinson: It is chaos. Simply chaos. LOL
We've done this multiple times with large groups. If the kids mark their darts in some manner: red dot on one end or the other; double dots, slash/dot, double slash, or squiggly nail polish, etc. the darts will me more identifiable at the end.
During the battle, the darts are a free-for-all to pick up, reuse, and shoot "spent darts". After one team's "FLAG" is captured, everyone reloads with miscellaneous darts.
At the end of the Battle Extravaganza, everyone unloads all darts and we collect them all into a big pile to sort to their original owner.
(Easiest is to assume one will bring 10 darts and consider them a "donation" to the game. But, generally, everyone is able to identify "their" darts to take home, at the end!)
~ Hosted by Pat and Erik (age 15) Robinson
To keep game play moving along and keeping things even and safe, please bring NERF guns that use darts only. (No "rival rounds" or balls). Please see the event description above regarding bringing ten darts with your name on them. Also see the FAQ in the event post above.