Here is a list of Activities and Groups that many Homeschool Teens attend or are members of! Keep checking back for more activities and groups being added!
If you know of any that should be added to the list message or email the information to The Homeschool Gossip!
The Homeschool Gossip's Teen Scene Calendar is a scrollable - clickable list of Teen events and activities:
“OF THE MONTH” ACTIVITIES
- 2nd Friday: Roller Skating 12:30-3:00PM at Frye's Skate Rink
- 3rd Friday: Teen Climbing Meetup 10:30-12:30 PM at Cliff Hangers Climbing & Fitness Gym
- 3rd Friday: Bowling & Billiards 12:00-3:00PM George Pappas' Victory Lanes
- Teen Artist Sketch Club ~ Sept. through April, Location and Day TBD
- Teen Tabletop Game Day ~ Sept. through April, Location and Day TBD
- Chess Players Club ~ Sept. through April, Location and Day TBD
- Wednesdays: Teen Beta Climbing Club 10:00 am -12:00 pm at Cliff Hangers Climbing & Fitness Gym in Mooresville, Starting 1/4/17
- Cost: $130 per month per student, includes a membership, 2-hour weekly team coached instructed practices and harness use.
- Ages 13 and up or by approval
- Team members will get a discount on gear purchases.
- Students may be dropped off during practice times.
- Student:Teacher ratio is 5:1
- Sign up at Cliff Hangers
- THSG Teen Scene Social Club ~ This group was created for Teens and their families that have connected at different Teen Social Events posted on The Homeschool Gossip to stay connected and coordinate attending more events!
- Homeschoolers P.A.W. ~ Homeschoolers Passionate About Writing is a social group. It is open to Homeschool students and their parents who would like to share their love of writing through posting inspirational memes, pictures, quotes…and perhaps some of their work.
- Cliff Hangers HS Climbers ~ Thank you Ronda Peerbolte for setting this up! Join the Cliff Hanger HS Climbers facebook group to stay up on all the latest news, join a team and coordinate climbing days with your friends!
- Chess Players Club - Huntersville, NC Chess Anyone? We would like to introduce you to the Chess Players Club! Do you like to play chess? If so, grab your chess set and come join us at (location TBD)! The meetings are opened to experienced chess players (those who know how to play) looking for a group to play in where they can be challenged. Bring along your chess set! Currently instruction is not being offered. After a core group is established, we’ll explore inviting new players, when that time comes, we’ll post it!
- Scottish Country Dancing - South and North Locations! The 2016-2017 Charlotte Scottish Country Dance Society classes with Jack Pressley begin on September 8, 2016 Location: Fellowship Hall of Gilwood Presbyterian Church 2993 Odell School Rd, Concord, NC Time: Thursdays from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Dates: September 8 through June 1.To register or more information: Phone: 704.814.9647 E-mail: JPres79334@aol.com or firstname.lastname@example.org website http://charlottescottishcountrydancesociety.blogspot.com/
- Foothills Homeschool Teen Scene - This group is a secular group open to our home-school teens and families. We will post events and meet ups on here and everyone in encouraged to create and post their own events. Our goal is to offer social and networking opportunities for our teens in a friendly and non-judgmental environment.
- Union County NC Homeschool Teens - This is a Public group for Homeschool Teens in Union County, NC. It should provide a safe space for teens to share info and activities around the Union County, NC area.