ANNOUNCING: 2017 NCHE/Homeschool
Governor's Page Week
September 18-21, Raleigh, NC
AGES: 16 (or soon to be 16) through 18
North Carolinians for Home Education has arranged a HOMESCHOOL ONLY week with the Governor's Page program in Raleigh! Here are the details:
REGISTRATION: Do NOT try to register on-line (it shows registration closed). Instead, directly contact Program Coordinator Tyler Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 919-814-2080 and he will get you set up.
1. This program runs Monday (1 pm)-Thursday (4 pm).
2. They offer a $150 stipend to help cover expenses PLUS a statement earning 30 hours of Community Service.
3. They focus on educational and professional development in addition to touring and becoming acquainted with the government in Raleigh. Visits with each of the three branches of government will be a key element (including the Supreme Court and meeting with justice(s); touring the Legislature and meeting with House and Senate members; meeting with Cabinet Secretaries). Additionally, students will likely be helping with clerical needs in the Governor's Office. For our group, they will try to arrange a visit to the Department of Non-Public Education to see "the homeschooling office."
4. They would like to limit participation to no more than 8 or 9 students for the week.
5. Students need to be 16-18 (or soon to be 16).
6. Housing: If your student needs housing, they have local host homes who have been vetted and frequently provide room, board, and transportation for students participating in this program.
Here is a link to the Governor's Page Program website: https://governor.nc.gov/governors-page-program
I hope this will serve your needs and your schedule. PLEASE share this with others who might be interested. If you have any questions, please let me know.
North Carolinians for Home Education